View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 02:43 PM
Janice McC

Am busy making up the email. Quick fyi that our groups will be the Early Birds (2 month group) and the Night Owls (3 month group). These names were submitted by one of our members last round, I believe it was Klaws. Am I right, Klaws?

Also, a couple of things before we start:

Usual F8 size is 18x11 but not a hair less than 18x10. Fabric must be pre-washed and not heavily scented, pressed, selvages removed, and then cut into f8s. Please be sure to cut the f8 on the straight of grain, in other words, no wonky f8s.

All blocks must be a well-constructed 12 1/2 inches square. Please measure as you go to attain proper size.

Please use threads that match or complement the fabrics used in the blocks. (Don't use white thread on black blocks as an example.)

Please try to make the f8 you are sent the focus of the block. Usually that means that the block needs to use a significant portion of the f8. Seldom does anyone want to complain about blocks, but when it happens, it's often because a tiny portion of an f8 was used. Please use what you are sent and keep the remnants. If you aren't sure you are using enough, contact the fabric owner.

Can anyone else think of important points you'd like to bring up? If you don't wish to share them yourselves, please email me and I'll post them.