View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 03:42 AM
grann of 6

Well, I have a new project to dig from the stash... DIL called yesterday to invite me to a graduation party for DGDs high school graduation. So since I made a quilt for the others when they graduated I had better do this one too. She likes pink and also grey, so I went through my jelly roll stash and found 2 jelly rolls of Porcelain, and I think there is yardage for the backing too, so I am going to make up Jenny Doan's pattern Crosswalk making it closer to a queen size so she can have the quilt forever. I was going to make some sort of a star block, but since I am not sure how much this will be loved and appreciated, I am not going to that much work. Some kids are raised to have a love and appreciation of handmade gifts, others not. This one comes in the NOT category. If her mother is given something she doesn't like, it goes to Goodwill. I have been witness to this several times. There will be love sewn into the quilt but not a lot of effort. And the stash will get a little busted at the same time. I'm not sure how much backing there is on hand, so I may have to do some creative piecing, or shopping, when I get to that. I have till Aug. 10th to get it made, no problem there.