Old 07-20-2019, 08:36 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

It is fun to go to Paducah between shows. You can actually get around in Hancocks and there's so much to see at the Quilt Museum. Kirchner's isn't crowded, either!

The last AQS show I went to in Paducah had a special exhibit of quilts by Tula Pink, quilted by Angela Walters. Tula's quilts were not museum quality, but her fabrics are beautiful. I deduced that her strengths are that she is a great and imaginative artist, and has a really fun grasp of color... excellent gifts for fabric design. I wasn't really that impressed with her quilt designs. But! It was awesome to be able to look up close at all that gorgeous quilting by Angela Walters! That was my eye candy. I wanna be her when I grow up! I wonder if the quilts you saw in the exhibit were the ones Angela quilted for her.

The last time I went to the Quilt Museum the headlining show on display was Jane Sassamon's quilts. I was disappointed. Only one of the quilts looked complex enough to be on display in a museum. The rest all looked like samples for her quilt kits. However, the other two exhibits there with hers, were amazing.