View Single Post
Old 07-21-2019, 03:46 AM
Janice McC

Good morning, Boomers! (Said loudly and with a much enthusiasm!)

First, my apologies for being virtually absent this week. It's been a whirlwind for the last 10 days. My good friend returned home yesterday after days of talking, thrift shopping, talking, going out for meals, talking... I'm all talked out and ready to buckle down. There shouldn't be any interruptions so the emails will go out later and you can begin shipping me your f8s tomorrow. Repeat Boomers, you know how this works so it's all old hat for you. Newbies, please pay particular attention to how you package your F8s and remember to send your packages to me with tracking. It's all in the email but once you get it, please ask questions if you have them. I'm going to keep closer to the computer so I'll be easier to find.

Terrriamn, I'm glad you had a good time with sis and that you're back at the lake. I hope no severe weather hit your area.
Hav4boys, the last few months must have been tough for you. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts as you continue to heal from the accident and as you deal with your diagnosis.
Sewbizgirl, darling dress and thank you for that explanation of shrinking pix. I, too, do not have very large pix load.
GramE, hope your cataract surgery went smoothly!
Jaba, I'm so glad you remain cancer free and that you continue to focus on that wonderful, positive fact. Hugs.
Smglover, I hope you will enjoy your first Boom. I'm sorry to hear you needed ankle surgery but happy you are on the mend. And I see someone answered your question about signing blocks. Can confirm we do not sign them.
Juliasb, also hoping you have fun in your first round. It seems like there's never enough time in a day and to get the rest needed to meet tomorrow wide awake. (Part of the reason I'm playing catch-up right now.)
Klaws, I thought it was you. I didn't take the time to go back and look but I recall as soon as I read your suggestion, I knew the names would be used very soon.
Kassaundra, as usual, interesting blocks! You always have something wonderful to show us.
Moonrise, yay on your tip about testing new patterns before using another person's fabric; please everyone use your own remnants or less expensive fabrics when making a totally new block. Also, pay particular attention when cutting up the f8s you receive. If you aren't used to using a small piece of fabric, it's very easy to make a mistake in cutting. Plan it out before cutting into the f8s; you may not have nearly as much as you think you have.

I think I'm mostly caught up now. I'm off to post your fabrics to the gallery and then I'll review the emails. Will try to send them by early afternoon right after I set up the 2 dedicated group threads for Early Birds and Night Owls. When those are set up, please discontinue posting here and move to your group's threads. You may, of course, cross-post. If you aren't in both groups, you may certainly comment and join in the conversation on the other thread but when you want to post pix of the blocks you make, please make them in the thread dedicated to your group. Keep your group's "business" on your group's thread. I'll post anything specific to one group on that proper thread.

Off for a cuppa joe!

Last edited by Janice McC; 07-21-2019 at 03:50 AM.