View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 04:58 AM
juliasb

Default Movin' Along almost ready for demo

I mentioned not that long ago I was preparing to demo how to put the bindings on the prairie point star quilted trivets for my guild. Several of us are doing different sections of the demo.
I have been making a variety of sizes to demo different techniques. The larger trivets will be circular while smaller ones will have octagonal edges.I will show a finished one of each of the 2 sizes. I will show one of each with the binding sewn to the back side. And actually sew the binding onto 4 different ones at the guild meeting that way several groups can see how it is done without crowding. I am now working on the smaller 8" trivets, one circular and all the rest I do for now will be octagonal. I figure I have 3 more to go as I type. I am hoping I will complete them today. I have plenty of time to prep them (another 7 weeks). I don't like to leave things to chance. Here is a picture of what I have done so far. Any thoughts on how I can better demo these techniques (bindings only) I will appreciate it.
It doesn't matter to me how many I make either. I will be able to use them as gifts. They have always gone over really well in earlier years. It has been about 10 years since I gave them as gifts.
Once I have this project finished I will only have about a dozen or so WIPs to go!
Attached Thumbnails img_0730.jpg