View Single Post
Old 07-23-2019, 04:55 AM
juliasb

I am a t he mother of 2 girls and have 5 grandchildren. My DH is the love of my life and we are now retired and have all the peace and quite we will ever desire after raising teenage girls! I started quilting about 35 years ago. Those early quilts were baby quilts for family members as a new generation was coming along. I didn't consider that serious quilting until I started to learn to do patchwork about 30 years ago. I became a lean mean quilting machine! Some of those first patchwork quilts were, to say the least, unbecoming. They were however the learning tools I needed to improve my skills over the years to come. I can't say I have ever made a perfect quilt but I do have loads of fun and the quilts I make are well received. A lot of people tell me my quilts are beautiful. I think I spend more time being nit picky with details than anything else. I have tired many different techniques in quilting and know there is so much more to learn.
On a more personal note, DH has dementia which keeps me close to home making quilting the perfect pastime. My own health has been plagued with difficulty but I rarely let myself be bothered by it. I have to go through the motions of doctors and treatments for a hereditary disease and autoimmune disease everyday for the rest of my life so I could choose to let it get to me or, I can do as I choose, and take control of the disease process and not let it control me.
I binge craft. I go hot on one thing then change to another. Quilting has outlived all the other crafts. For years I collected antique sewing machines. I restored a good number of them over the years then went onto paper crafting. Pergamano mostly. Pergamano is like making paper lace using parchment. I did a great deal of scrapbooking too.Like everyone else there is a great deal more to me than meets the eye.

Last edited by juliasb; 07-23-2019 at 04:57 AM.