View Single Post
Old 07-23-2019, 06:09 AM
Macybaby

I enjoyed the class and learned a few things. The main thing this machine does that my current one does not do is project the image on the fabric to help with placement. It's a small projection, about 2"x3", so often it's only going t show a portion of the design, but does help if you really need to know exactly where it's going to be stitching.

The part I did not care for, was that the project had a lot of "learn to quilt with your embroidery machine" emphsis. Since I have the LA - figuring out how to quilt in the hoop is not of interest. The instructor started the class with "if you are not a quilter now, you will be at the end of the class". It did seem to be a class to help people that only knew about Machine Embroidery get comfortable using the machine for sewing and quilting. My "partner" at teh machine knew a lot more about embroidery than I did, but knew near to nothing about sewing. So I ended up helping her a lot during the class.

I wast excited about what the instructor showed using using the Brother Scan-n-cut for applique with the embroidery machine. That is probably the most useful thing I learned!

The dealer was offering quite a package deal, with case and design software and other added items, however it was in the five digits plus my current machine - and that is way more than I'd spend to get the few added features. Plus I have no interest in the Disney stuff that is exclusive to the Brother machines. In fact, if I bought the machine, the first thing I'd do is put a sticker of the Disney logo on the front. I'm not a Disney fan . . .

I do want to get a good digitizing software program, and have signed up for the Floriani class in September. I talked to a few people that bought it and they said they really like it.