View Single Post
Old 07-24-2019, 08:44 AM
Iceblossom

I agree with Grann of 6, sometimes we just need to push ourselves a bit. But on the other hand, it's a hobby and it is supposed to be fun so in the summer other people do other things.

Still I like to sew a bit each day and it is easier to do when I want to do something instead of making myself do something.

This morning I finished my new/remaining attic window/post card blocks for the additional 5 I needed and am declaring fabric collection for it as dead for the second time. I'm happy with this project, I think it will be great when it is done but I just don't feel like doing the layout or working on it right now... Usually I would have my blocks numbered first but this time I'm just putting the sashing as an L around two sides and will number them after the sashing instead of before. I think some excitement will return once I have those blocks laid out, or at least I hope so!

So I have several large projects ready to go but I'm just not feeling them. For the pushing myself, I think it's probably a good time to work on my paper pieced Farm quilt blocks. This time I'm going to start with the big easy blocks like a pig and horse faces, then move on to the hen and chicks, and end up with the Hummingbirds instead of trying to get the hard blocks out of the way first. Sometimes I need some quick and easy successes before moving on to the tedious parts of my process.

I also have a simple crib quilt project planned and pulled with Easter fabric. Have decided on a LeMoyne Star, each section a different fabric with alternating snowball blocks of a bunny print. I should go into that bag and see if I have a background fabric, I think I have a very light lavender and otherwise can pull a white on white.

Or maybe I'll just go play with my fabric until the stash speaks to me... I've got some more jungle type stuff either for that Simplish or some other simple design, enough for tops and backs both. I need to find a specific piece of blue and maybe it's a good time for me to go through my multiple blue boxes and do some trimming and purging.