View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 12:18 AM
bibliostone

Hello Night Owls. I started sewing through 4-H when I was in the fifth grade. Did my first baby quilts when my friends started having babies in the 70's. Those were mostly tied rather than quilted. My first one was made of very bright flannels and I followed the directions in a magazine. It was really beautiful. Unfortunately, you can't us 1/4 inch seams with flannel. Luckily my husband took it to a laundromat and washed it before I gave it away. It completely disintegrated! He felt so bad, but I was glad it happened then instead of later. I took a class and made a king-size log cabin quilt which we still use after 40 years. Didn't sew for many years because of work and raising 2 kids (one boy and one girl) Neither of them has married and I'm not expecting grandchildren any time soon. I started quilting again about 10 years ago.

Here is the fabric I am sending. Eleven of you will get the Indian basket fabric and the rest will get odds and ends to make blocks to finish up previous booms. So, if you have been in the booms for awhile, you might get a repeat fabric.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615214[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 23-boom-fabrics.jpg