View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 04:50 AM
Janice McC

I've received 8 packages of F8s already. Woo hoo! I haven't had a chance to open them yet but I've contacted everyone and all packages were undamaged.

Suzisew, omgosh, you had me roflol about the elephant trunk! Thank you for sharing that one. I've never managed to sew my finger but only last month I came the closest to it. The needle just grazed my finger without breaking the skin. A happy oops since it was a painless reminder to be more careful.

Originally Posted by SuziSew View Post
Talk about a real learning moment! I've managed to avoid sewing my fingers, I think the funniest time was when I was 11 or 12ish, I wasa cousin. I was sewing the side and arm sleeves but I got them mixed up. When I tried it on it looked like I had a trunk coming out of my back and my chest! Live and learn right?!
Wow! Engage...
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
It's too bad, Bibliostone, about the flannel quilt but like you, I'd be glad it fell apart first before giving it away. Great learning experience. I recall a couple of your fabrics for this round.
Originally Posted by bibliostone View Post
Hello Night Owls. I started sewing through 4-H when I was in the fifth grade. Did my first baby quilts when my friends started having babies in the 70's. Those were mostly tied rather than quilted. My first one was made of very bright flannels and I followed the directions in a magazine. It was really beautiful. Unfortunately, you can't us 1/4 inch seams with flannel. Luckily my husband took it to a laundromat and washed it before I gave it away. It completely disintegrated! He felt so bad, but I was glad it happened then instead of later. I took a class and made a king-size log cabin quilt which we still use after 40 years. Didn't sew for many years because of work and raising 2 kids (one boy and one girl) Neither of them has married and I'm not expecting grandchildren any time soon. I started quilting again about 10 years ago.

Here is the fabric I am sending. Eleven of you will get the Indian basket fabric and the rest will get odds and ends to make blocks to finish up previous booms. So, if you have been in the booms for awhile, you might get a repeat fabric.
Have a lovely day everyone. It's almost the weekend!