Thread: Damask prints
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2019, 08:40 AM
sue.ross.8782

Default Damask prints

I love damask prints. I bought a variety of damask print cotton fabric on Ebay to make a quilt for my friend Marion who lives in the Netherlands. I used the block "Picture Frame" from Quilters' Cache. I chose this block pattern so that I would see the richness of the damask prints.
When I started assembling the blocks, I found that the vivid colors did not go well with the faded colors. I ended up making two quilts with damask prints. The one with the vivid colors goes to my friend Marions, who lives in the netherlands. I put fleece on the back to make it extra warm, because Marion likes to sleep with the windows open, even in the winter.
The second damask quilt, the one with the faded colors, is for my brother-in-law Gary and his wife Vicki. The border is gray linen that I had left from an earlier quilt. The back is a toile print, because I am in love with toile. I often put a toile backing on my quilts.
Thanks for Looking!
Attached Thumbnails 20190727-marions-quilt-front.jpg   20190727-back-quilt-marion.jpg   20190727.jpg   20190727-toile-back-gv-quilt.jpg