Old 07-27-2019, 11:35 AM
Iona D.

Default The Road Not Taken: The Quilts You Will Never Make

The busy bee 21st century quilter/sewer/crafter is faced-or rather bombarded-with numerous choices each day. Some which will impact the time given over to sitting behind our sewing machines. Some which are not so directly involved with the creative process but still a factor. Some not at all.

That means many, many ideas or projects either will never be finished or even started at all. In my own life, that means I would design many, many potential projects and only a few could ever be completed. There are just as many reasons why:

• Physical space I have only so many storage spaces for any possessions-especially for the cherished and highly valued things such as my bedding.
  • Finances/Budget I have only so much money available.
  • Time Constraints There are only so many hours in a day.
  • Interest My interest in my hobbies do wax and wane over time influenced strongly by the above reasons.

So how do I deal with my limitations? I acknowledge my limitations and try to find out which one of the 4 reasons above is the culprit then work out some sort of solution or compromise. Or even better, I continue to make smaller samples of techniques and ideas that appeal to me. From this group, I choose the candidates that would best fit my situation I am currently in at that point in time.

Let us know how each of you make quality time for the people, things, or situations that are the most important in your life in this new
chaotic century.

This suggested above tactic seems to always works for me!

Last edited by Iona D.; 07-27-2019 at 11:40 AM.