Old 07-27-2019, 02:33 PM
zozee

The constraints you mention are certainly true. I would add physical ability and stamina. The body often dictates limits that the mind, budget, or clock doesn’t .

I prioritize the quilts I make very selfishly, to be quite frank. If I think the recipient will appreciate it, that’s top reason to even start. . I’ve only made a quilt for one of my three sisters, the one I think is most grateful. The older one is a quilter but she is critical. I don’t want to be criticized, not even silently. My baby sister admits her love language is not gifts, so why put effort into making a gift for her? My grandtwins received a quilt each for being born. Their mom has only ever displayed the pink one. Guess I screwed up by making a blue one instead of green to match their pink and green nursery. Friends of mine going through chemo appreciated my quilts very much. No criticism there. Nieces play with my doll quilts so that’s all I need from them to feel my labors were worthwhile. Hubby and kids have said getting a quilt would not be a big deal.

So donation quilts, by far, are my main focus. I hope each one is appreciated, but if not, what I don’t know can’t hurt me. Besides, there’s no deadline unless I impose one.

Last edited by zozee; 07-27-2019 at 02:36 PM.