Old 07-27-2019, 02:39 PM
Iceblossom

For me progressive vision loss is a real issue.

Never did make the mariner's compass or pickle dish quilts I had planned on... but while perhaps my best workmanship is behind me, I am still able to sew and so sew I shall!

The planning and piecing is the part I like the best so am not so concerned with getting them quilted down. I'm gathering what rosebuds as I may, and I will manage to store the completed tops that I am keeping. More are being given/donated than kept.

I've always had financial constraints and yet have a grand stash by shopping my local thrift stores. The Seattle area is a very wealthy area even if I am not and I've found yardage of every designer you can think of. The only issue is you have to be able to deal with the available yardage and no, you can't really go out there looking for the perfect fabric for a particular project -- you have to be open to what the universe provides.

While my productivity may ebb and flow, sometimes dealing with my health issues, my interest is generally there. I decided as a senior in high school that I wanted to quilt despite not having any quilters in my background. I've been quilting for 40 years, it and music are the constants in my life.