Old 07-28-2019, 03:32 AM
grann of 6

I was an apparel and home dec sewer for many years. I was introduced to quilting about 10 years ago by my now deceased dear neighbor. So everything I make has a little bit of her in it. I don't have any financial constraints, and no big storage issues. I have made quilts for all of my 6 grandchildren, and my adult kids, so now I make donation quilts for the Cancer Center at our nearby hospital. They are raffled off to the chemo patients monthly. My object in life now is to have fun doing what I love. I will never make a GFG, a Dresden plate, or any quilt with curves or circles in it. I spent enough years setting in sleeves that I have no desire to repeat that process. And I did applique long before there was fusible backing, so been there done that. I have honed my skills so I don't consider that an issue either. The present time is dedicated to reducing my sizable stash, including precuts and yardage. And if a need arises that someone can benefit from a quilt, I can gift one easily. I have about 50 quilts in various sizes ready for anyone who needs one. I love to challenge myself with a new pattern, but also just want to enjoy the process.