View Single Post
Old 07-28-2019, 11:32 AM
NZquilter

Default Amazon Doing a Delivery Service

Amazon is now delivering some of their own packages, and not using the normal USPS, Ups or FedEx delivery. And they are delivering on Sundays too.

We don't have Prime. I ordered a small something from Amazon a few days ago and this morning I got the Amazon notification on my Kindle that the package was out for delivery. It didn't say who was delivering it. I just thought "yeah right. It's Sunday." About six hours later I got another Amazon notification saying " see where your package is on the map. Your are only 10 deliveries away! " I looked at the map and sure enough their little GPS thingy was on its way here.

It totally weirded out both me and Hubby. We were not sure what to expect.
About half an hour later, a white rental van rolled up our driveway. Hubby stepped out to speak to the delivery woman. He asked who does she work for (driving a rental van) and if Sunday deliveries are a new thing with Amazon. She said yep, she works for Amazon and it's an easy way to make money!

So, this is going to be the new thing. I'm just glad it wasn't a drone delivery! I hope I never get one of those.

An Amazon facility opened up not far from here last year, so that might be why things are changing. I have mixed feelings about it all. I don't think it's safe for a Delivery vehicle to have its location/GPS published. It could easily become a target, just like the old Wild West stagecoaches. People buy valuable and expensive things like jewelry and electronics off Amazon.