Old 07-28-2019, 09:44 PM
DJ

A priority of mine is making time for friends and family. So I usually have one or more activities each week that involve getting together with friends. Family lives out of town, so that involves extended travel dates.
The necessary things like cooking and laundry will somehow get done.

I am retired, so I have more flexibility in how I spend my time. I enjoy a clean and tidy house, but with just DH and I at home now, it doesn't take that much effort, and DH is a huge help.

When I have an entire day at home, I do like to spend a significant amount of time in the studio. I have a vision of what I want and/or need to accomplish. There is, of course, more pressure when I'm making a gift with a deadline involved (gifts for my four grandchildren, etc). I try to plan accordingly and still allow time and space to make things for myself and my home.

I sort of have different crafts slotted for different times of the day. I do a lot of CCS in the evenings while DH and I watch some TV. That is also when I will do the hand stitching on quilt binding or other lap-type crafting (like drawing all the diagonal lines on squares to make half-square triangles). When we are travelling in the car or when visiting with friends, you may often find me knitting something easy that doesn't take much concentration. Quilting and sewing are generally done at some point during the day … or all day …

This time of year, I like to try to spend at least an hour a day in the garden. Afternoons may find me in my hammock chair reading and napping.

That's my life … I'm lovin' it! Life is very good to me.