Old 07-28-2019, 10:32 PM
petthefabric

I've had a LA for maybe 15+ yrs. At the time of purchase, I wanted it for large quilts. Now, my shoulders and back get tired and sore. Also, arthritis and carpul/tunnel/surgery make my hands weaker. Now I'm using it a lot more, even for very small quilts. The way the machine table holds the quilt in place rests my hands. It's on a concrete floor and yes there are rubber mats to stand on. It takes a lot of space. My room is 10' x 18'. There's a small space for counters. And there's 12" deep book shelves along the long walls for stash. There's barely room to squeeze past the machine but with 8', I can manage. Since I don't plan to ever do another king/queen/double quilt again. I'd settle for 8'long table and as long a throat possible with robotics. I have way more ideas and stash than I have time to quilt. Larger quilts to go to a professional.

And yes, I'm considering upgrading even at my age. Quilting will be my hobbie as long as I'm able. And if it's only 5 yrs more (expect more) I'd rather piece/quilt than watch daytime TV.