View Single Post
Old 07-29-2019, 05:27 AM
Janice McC

Good morning, Night Owls! I spent a good portion of my weekend actually quilting a piece. I've got another 8 hours at least...I'm pretty slow, even in QAYG.

I'm expecting 6 more packages in today so tomorrow I'll post updates of who's sent what. Please keep in mind that all F8s are due in my hands on August 8 so please ship at least 3 days before that in order to give them the chance to arrive on time. Thanks!

Terriamn, this pattern is perfect for the annual 2 1/2 birthday candy swap I'm in. I've got thousands of candy squares waiting in the wings to be made into a real quilt. This is another good idea for me and it would work up to be a 10 inch square using what I have. Thanks for sharing.
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]615294[/ATTACH]
This is the scrap block, it finishes 7.5”
IrishMom, love your Christmas fabric choices. And I'm certain you aren't the only one who has chosen one set of fabrics only to change their mind. And change it again. It happens!
Originally Posted by IrishMom View Post
So....is it normal to be washing another load of fabric for this swap? I'm on my third choice now....but I think I'm going to stick with this one!

Yes. Yes, I did.
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
When you looked at Terri's fabric pics did you count how many Booms that means???? lol lol lol lol
Juliasb, many of us post our requests here but they will be with each packet as well. Whatever you do, don't open too many packages at once! Everyone should have their name on their request and you can always refer to the gallery, the fabrics page, which shows the f8s and who it belongs to. If you think you've mixed something up, just pm the owner and ask. If you don't understand a request, ask the owner. I do ask that everyone follow requests as often as possible so when in doubt, please reach out to the owner, or you can email me or post here. Much better than just guessing. As for remaking a block, you can take it apart carefully and remake it with different colors. We've probably all had to to it, at least partially at one time or another. I know I have a number of times.
Originally Posted by juliasb View Post
I am watching with wonder as everyone is posting pics of their fabrics and what the hope can be accomplished with the F8's. I know I will be ok making different blocks I just hope I can keep straight what everyone is hoping to see in the blocks I will be making. When I sent out my fabrics I only wrote 2 words on each one. I hope people can read my writing and read my mind -. What is I get something mixed up can I remake a block?
Exactly as SBG says... I'd also add to be careful about cutting. You may have enough fabric in an F8 for the block you chose to make if you cut the pieces out one way, but not enough if you cut them out another. Plan your cutting if you aren't familiar with working with small pieces. An f8 isn't that large.
Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Just work on one block at a time... and read plus re-read the notes they include. Some are very specific and others just say, “have fun!” If you aren’t sure, ask the fabric owner. If you aren’t sure about the block, do a ‘trial run’ with your own fabrics first. After all that, you shouldn’t need to remake a block.
Lstew2212, just glad to hear from you. I hope the family issues can be resolved. [QUOTE=Lstew2212;8282408]Hi ladies, sorry I have been MIA. Family issues that needed taken care of. I had to go out of town and did not have time to take my computer. Let me just say Mental Illness is nothing to mess with.

Now on to Boom Business: Janice I just responded to your email. Sorry, I got it and read it at that time, not sure why I did not respond at that time,