Old 07-29-2019, 09:58 AM
Sharonquilts

I started quilting in 2014; self-taught. I began making lap quilts to donate to assisted living/nursing homes. I've gifted 2 large baby quilts and still working from time-to-time on a bargello I started several years ago. Also had to help care for my Mother the last 4-5 years until she passed 15 days before her 95 birthday. So I didn't quilt much during that time. Now, I'm helping care for her 89 year old sister.

Our family has a lake home we inherited and we usually have anywhere from 9 to 15 (just family) there on the weekends during the Summer ... and anywhere from 18 to 25 when friends come up. I made hot pads recenlty and took them to the lake to use. Now all the female family members hope I draw their name for Christmas ... they want hot pads. Ha.

So I guess, for me, I quilt based on what is needed at the time. I love to quilt and would everyday if I could. My biggest goal will be to complete the Bargello I started (and maybe do one more Bargello). I don't have a bucket list of quilt patterns I want to do. Since my favorite fabric store I (Hancocks) closed (which was 10 mins away) I don't shop as much for fabric and don't seem to get as inspired in other stores as I did in Hancocks.