Old 07-29-2019, 11:16 AM
b.zang

Originally Posted by Fabric Galore View Post
You need to ask your Janome dealer when the machine was first on the market. Janome only carries parts for 20 years and then you cannot get parts to have it repaired. I bought the 6500, 10000 and 11000 and I had a lot of problems with the 6500 and I can no longer get parts for it. My 11000 is being serviced and I am holding my breath that it isn't anything major because the parts for it are no longer available. I have been spoiled my 1955 Singer which still sews like a dream and I can still buy parts for it. There is a lot to be said for the mechanical machine.
So, I did remember to ask about future repairs. The shop where I purchased does in-house repairs and have been doing so for more than 40 years. The repairman told me it is not true that Janome parts become unavailable. In fact, he told me a story about a machine that was brought in and he could not find the parts for it - some special disks in the needle head. Janome machined a new set and sent them to him so he could complete the repair. I did not ask the cost!