Old 07-29-2019, 01:24 PM
Notwendy

My biggest obstacle is me! I've have never bought fabric with a plan on how to use it. Ever. I am drawn to bright geometrics or large florals (shiny!) but often have a yard at most & I never think to get any blenders. I am afraid of messing up my beautiful fabric to the point of procrastination and paralysis (I need to see a therapist to learn how to relax & enjoy my hobby as I learn - allow myself to suck on the way to getting better, as it were).

Buying without a plan is honestly just collecting - I have several hundred fqs, half-yard cuts, various cuts of yardage, and pre-cuts. I've been trying to track how much I have and I'm getting close to 1,000 yards (Ha! I know - a paltry stash to many on this board) and still have measuring to do. I'm ashamed of how much free time I have (even though I work full-time), so I'll just say I have very few constraints on my time. I think that takes the urgency away from sitting down to finish anything.

I also have to see my projects, as putting them away means I forget them. However, too many projects out gives me anxiety and I end up shoving it all back into storage (rinse, repeat). : ) I've yet to find the sweet spot between forgetfulness & anxiety. My ADHD is quite the balancing act
I also can't work whenever I feel in the mood, as we have 6 cats and live in a totally open loft (we have a front door, a closet door, & a bathroom door). The little attention-pigs flop down right in the middle of my cutting board, climb my design wall, and nap on my projects. "We're helping!" : ) Fortunately they all seem to nap at the same time.

Wow. Sorry to run on - I seem to have needed to write out for myself what is holding me back. Ha! Free therapy.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-29-2019 at 03:15 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps