Old 07-29-2019, 01:42 PM
edelc

Default Greetings from ireland, new to this forum

Hello new friends-to-be.

I am excited to find this forum, I do a lot of craft work but am currently spending a lot of time quilting. I am irish, living in Ireland, but quilting and hand work in general is not huge here, so there are few of my friends who do this kind of thing, which is a shame. Quilting bees and working alongside friends is such a joy.

About me, I am 52(today!) with a lovely husband and a wonderful adult daughter. I sew, paint, make art, do some bookbinding, make jewellery, love to cook for friends.

I am a year out of breast cancer treatment and feeling well and looking forward to many happy years of living. I read a lot-(scifi, fantasy, non-fiction) have travelled extensively, Harry Potter fan, Dr. Who, star trek-Ok I am a bit of a nerd.

My first quilt was made when I was about 18, I tend to think I have reasonable skills, then I look at some of the amazing stuff online-wow! Recently learned how to do foundation paper piecing, which was fun, of course I jumped completely in at the deep end, but it went well. It was made for an online craftswap and the recipient liked it. I love craft swapping and can't wait to make some new friends here.