Old 07-29-2019, 02:03 PM
Mumto2

We currently live between two homes and I cannot easily set up a machine to quilt at one so do EPP when there. I enjoy sewing by hand and have projects planned and fabric in place to last me a decade or so! I consider my hand quilting to be a bit precious and don’t gift it frequently. At my other home I recently treated myself to a new machine and am loving being able to do all the things a good machine can do. I purchase whatever bits I need to do my current creative impulse but in reality buy a small amount compared to output. I don’t have a large amount of completed unused projects that are new. I have several that are kept for sentimental reasons....quilt my kids used in the past.......

Currently I make quilts as gifts for specific people and things like table quilts which are bright and cheerful in my house. I pretty much keep up with need. Both my kids still live at home so I am busy with meals and laundry. I think time is my major constraint.

I unfortunately recently inherited a huge stash of yarn from a dear friend and have absolutely no idea how much I have other the several huge Rubbermaid bins. This fall’s plan is to get it sorted and start using it. I love to make baby sweaters and am planning to start making sets.....a fun quilt on my machine with a matching sweater, vest, hat and booties, and gift generously!