Old 07-29-2019, 02:04 PM
petthefabric

What and why I quilt has changed over the years. At first I wanted to cover beds. Since we only have 2, that didn't take long. Then as gifts. Again small family, didn't take long. I love challenges, so got started on all the "difficult" stuff, hexigons (GFG), DWR, Bargello, needle turn applique, create a block from a picture, matching points, curves, bias covered seams, improvisational, and the list goes on. I did make a hexigon quilt from an artist perspective. DWR was a table runner. OH then there was 'stack n whack', 'one block wonder'. Then several years of artist quilts. And then said, I only do traditional quilts to fit into the group.

Now I'm doing the simplest quilts to use up stash and contribute to comfort quilts. My art quilts are still a passion.

My interests and physical abilities have changed. I no longer am challenged to do traditional quilts. I do use the techniques in artistic accomplishments. Large quilts are too heavy for me to handle. Matching points; is it really necessary?

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-29-2019 at 03:15 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps