View Single Post
Old 07-29-2019, 03:20 PM
juliasb

Iceblossom: Go for it! Paper piecing is so much fun. There are different methods and it may take a bit to find what fits you. I am going to try som EPP here in the near future I am getting my supplies together and should be all set in the next couple weeks. This will be a traveling project that I will take with me to a variety of waiting rooms.

Sharonquilts: That is what I have been trying to do with this quilt. It doesn't look all that good to me but DH thinks it looks great (humm could I be to hard on myself??)! The only way to improve is to try. I found it difficult to manipulate the small quilt in the small space I had to work in. I was using my Juki. My everyday machine. I am pretty fair on the 1500se Brothers but could use more practice time there too now that I am not using the stitch regulator any more.

Donna13350: I too have colors that I prefer and almost all my quilts have at least some turquoise or teal in them. I can't seem to get away from those colors to save my life. I have an extensive stash and so color or fabric theme is never a problem. You are right to get away from the colors that bind us up is a big challenge.

I have put together and FMQ'ed the 20 block center of this quilt that I will keep for myself with all its imperfections so I can get a better grip on FMQ using my day to day machine. The next section of the quilt will be a 6" boarder that I will feather all the way around. I have done this many times on my grace frame but the is a much smaller machine and smaller space to work in. I will get it started tomorrow I hope. I have a very busy schedule this week and the time I usually save for sewing and quilting has been promised else where. So I must work later in the day and I don't have the time to get much done in the afternoons. I will keep you posted.