Old 07-29-2019, 05:41 PM
Ellen 1

Many years ago, a letter to Ann Landers said: .... a 41-year-old man wrote and told you how he wanted to start college but was afraid of what the 18- and 19-year-old college students would say and how he would fit in. He also was concerned about not graduating until he was 45.

Ann Landers reply: "When you are 45 years old, you will be a 45-year-old with or without a college degree."

1. I say to try out different machines and see which one “feels” best to you. (I bought a Gammill because I had local service—-that is another thing I considered ).
2. If you have a store near you that rents longarm machines, take their “qualification class” and rent the machine for a few times prior to purchasing.
3. Quilt charity quilts for some practice to see if you like the machine. Don’t “practice” on your “good” quilts.
4. If you love/like it, get the machine.
5. If you are concerned about not being able to stand for any length of time, get a chair. (You can see the chair I have if you go on Linda V Taylors/Gammill’s www. The chair raises to a height you quilt while sitting.
6. My opinion (again) is to buy the biggest machine that you have room for and can afford. I know many people that have not been satisfied with the machine they bought cheap and have upgraded to a larger machine.

Good luck! And enjoy your learning process!!!

Last edited by Ellen 1; 07-29-2019 at 05:45 PM.