View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 07:17 AM
Iceblossom

I spent some time the other day looking at equilter (my usual first stop) in case I needed to buy more black and there were all sorts of things I would have thrown into the package. But my cooler head prevailed and while I will need more black for now there is enough to finish my project.

I've bought a few pieces at the thrift stores lately, nothing too huge. I am committed to buying some fabrics from a lady on Craig's List. Our schedules aren't meshing, this week I'm busy, next week she's traveling, so we've set a date in August. One of them will go into the Postcard quilt, a couple of the others will go well with my alphabet quilts but yeah -- it is adding to the stash, but the price is right, the fabrics are right, and they are all high quality.

LOL, I say that the thrift stores call to me. On Sunday the voice said to go to the Value Village in Southcenter, we were nearby anyway shopping for clothes for the hubby. While I didn't get any fabric, right next to the fabric section was a glorious Brandt ranch oak table for $15. I looked online for pictures but couldn't find any of this exact table, haven't seen it before. I have several pieces of the Brandt ranch oak and practically screamed as I whipped past my husband for a cart and the comment "we are buying a table today". Best I can determine is that going price for this would be around $150-200. I think it would be described as a console table, tall and with two drawers. My ranch oak chair will slip neatly under it but it is not a desk per se.

Here's a site with a little info:
https://www.t-m-cowboyclassics.com/dynapage/PP10.htm

So although I have/had plans to start my paper piecing, my BFF who recently visited me has had some medical issues come up. She was caught very very early but will need a lumpectomy so I need to whip up a quick comfort quilt. I have decided on a pattern and have a couple of different ways to go. I'll show the pattern and my two sets of fabrics I've pulled and decide on which one to use in my Tuesday group. Basically, I have some lovely large florals that would be perfect but not really "me" for either my friend or I and I need to pick a neutral to go with, or I can go brighter and need to pull a few more but I have the background, backing and borders.