Old 07-31-2019, 09:56 AM
Iona D.

Originally Posted by Peckish View Post
Are you writing a thesis?
Not quite. I don't know if you are specifically singling me out, but here goes anyway. I guess it's my long unused academic training in Sociology/Social Work world that's coming out the way this thread was first envisioned. I organize my ideas way before even sketching it out on pen & paper (and/or computer screens nowadays). This is one of these reflective exercises I like to do from time to time. Plus the last 2 quilts I will be doing are being worked out on this sample block below. It's still a bit crude, but it contains all the techniques I will draw on for these 2 quilts that will see the light of day when I am ready for both of them. Then that's it for a long while.

Originally Posted by Jules51 View Post
What a great post, Iona! Loved reading all the comments. This year my goal was no purchasing fabric unless absolutely needed for backing or borders. And I've done that so far...making do with what I have on hand has been real rewarding. I'm happy piecing my quilts, wall hangings, gifts, table runners and placements...I have no interest in the complicated patterns, applique or paper piecing and I'm fine with that. Making charity quilts is now a big priority in my life. They are sewed with love and prayers for who those need them the most.
Thank you.
All of you for making my day!
Attached Thumbnails catherdral-window-resized.jpg