View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 02:20 PM
edelc

Default Donated quilts for cancer-a thank you

I mentioned it in a thread reply below, but I wanted to say it again to make sure you see this, if you've ever made a quilt for donation.

I've only been on this board a short time, but there are so many people who have said that they make a lot of quilts for donations to chemo patients and cancer wards.

From someone who had chemo last year, I want to say thank you so very much for your kindness. Here in Ireland making is not a big thing, so there is no such thing as donated quilts when you're having chemo. But someone said in one of the threads that they only make quilts for people they know will appreciate them,. And that they couldn't be sure if donated ones were appreciated.

I'm telling you that I'm certain they were received with so much gratitude. Chemo and cancer is a very very tough time, it's a huge chunk out of your life and takes a big toll on your emotions, being gifted a hand made quilt would be like being wrapped in a protective cocoon of love and support. Some days during treatment, love and will power is all that gets you through.

Believe me when I say, your work is important and I'm certain the quilts are cherished.

And from me, on behalf of the other chemo survivors, thank you, you are magnificent.