View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 07:17 AM
Iceblossom

First off, Janome isn't an off brand...

I've run into a lot of snobby retailers in the sewing world. I had a cheap Brother I bought at Costco to take to classes. I went to a store the next town over that is an authorized Brother dealer. All I wanted to do was to buy some correct bobbins but the Costco model had it's own ID so it wasn't as easy to find the correct part number. They basically refused to help me, because they didn't deal with "disposable machines". It's a Brother. You have a catalog. I'm there to buy your over-priced Brother bobbins which you have in stock.

Well, good-bye to you! Don't need the attitude, won't ever go back no matter how much money I may have at the time. Figured out the issue on my own and bought the correct bobbins from Joann.

In my local town I have two sewing machine shops, unfortunately the one that handles Berninas is the one here I don't like because of prior bad/snobby experiences. It's not like they do their own repairs anyway, they box it up and send it out and I can do that myself without giving them any money for the privilege.

PS/Edit: Trade-in values are usually only given for new machine purchases. Gives you an idea of how much profit they make when they can offer you 3k or some other huge discount!

Last edited by Iceblossom; 08-01-2019 at 07:23 AM.