View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 07:41 PM
wesing

You can see I have a bit of thread buildup here where I backstitched at the beginning and end. If your thread is similar in color to your binding that won't be a big deal.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]615564[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]615565[/ATTACH]
This shot shows where I just barely covered the first set of stitches attaching the binding to the back. This would not be noticeable if I had used a thread in the bobbin that matched the front of the quilt better. That was a stupid mistake on my part; I thought since it would be covered the color wouldn't matter. If I were giving this quilt to someone, I might try to disguise these few stitches with a sharpie maker.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]615566[/ATTACH]
In this shot you can see I veered a little to close to the edge of the quilt. It isn't horrible, so I will leave it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]615564[/ATTACH]
Here is a good shot of what I tried to explain about the corner. You want your folds to go in opposite directions.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]615567[/ATTACH]
This corner isn't perfect. You can see it isn't exactly 90*, and it isn't "full." Again, if this was to be judged, this would be a major no-no, but most people would never even notice something like this.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]615568[/ATTACH]
This is the worst spot in the binding. I might try to correct this if I were giving it to someone, but since its mine it will stay like it is.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]615569[/ATTACH]
I hope this helps someone. I'd love to hear your feedback.

Thanks,
Darren
Attached Thumbnails img_1158.jpg   img_1154.jpg   img_1156.jpg   img_1159.jpg   img_1161.jpg  

img_1162.jpg