View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 08:49 AM
Iceblossom

Well... the shoe dropped and found my nagging problem. Not too bad and I can deal with it. I'll have to go back to my notes though and figure out why my 26-28" I thought I needed turned into 36" needed. It would have made a difference in my background selection.

The fabric I'm using for the background has a very rough and deep selvedge and I'm barely getting 40" of usable fabric. With one bad cut, the short width, and two extra blocks I don't have enough background for the four corner setting triangles. I can either fill them in with the border fabric, I have a "very close" (and will check my 6.5" box to see if I cut a slice off of this one I'm using but I'm guessing no since I haven't used it before) that can fill in for the four corners, or I can simply not square the ends and make that a diagonal corner on the finished project. I had to piece the wonky end cut in order to get two extra pieces.

As Ma Ingalls used to say, "Enough is as good as a feast". Well, no -- in these modern days I want leftovers but I'm making do with stash!

Edit: All the L1 blocks as I call them are now made. I will have to do the overall layout and then put together the alternating 4-patches so the pattern works correctly. Still on schedule, even with the last minute stuff getting the hubby taken care of for his trip.

I'm taking pictures through this process, it's actually quite simple to do but really hard for me to explain.

Last edited by Iceblossom; 08-02-2019 at 09:04 AM.