View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 08:10 AM
Ellen 1

Originally Posted by mkc View Post
Does not sound like "lightly used" or really "private party" to me. If used for a business, she has already been able to write some or all of it off as a business expense.

Personally, the dealer one sounds like a much better deal - known dealer support, warranty, classes, and likely much less use for what is really not a whole lot more. Plus the dealer can deliver and set up, albeit for a cost, but that is a lot less hassle and concern to deal with.
I agree with mkc. If rented out it is not “gently used”. Also seemed to me that if the lady knew you were driving 1.5 hrs to see the machine, she would not have rented it to someone else to use during the time you said you would be there.

Also, when I bought my Gammill I had them set it up. So glad I did. Mine had to be completely broken down and pushed through a window (a very small window—barely fit because I have an older house) to get into my basement because the frame was too long to turn the corner at the foot of the stairs. Have you considered something like this happening? (I had not).