Old 08-04-2019, 09:00 AM
rryder

Originally Posted by littledentist View Post
Hi everyone. So I have visited a store twice to try out the Bernina Q20. Needless to say I’m in love. I’m not a great haggler and I want to make sure I’m getting a fair price. It is a floor model that has been showcased since Nov 2018 with 355,000 stitches. With delivery, set up and taxes and those grippers (and hopefully the ruler foot thrown in), it comes to $9650. I haven’t asked her to come down, and quite honestly I’m not sure what’s fair. I’d love to piggyback off of your experiences and thoughts. Thank you so much in advance.
Show prices last year in Virginia for that set up were right around 10,000 and also included the ruler foot, a bunch of rulers, some couching feet and other goodies thrown in.

At 9650 without the other goodies thrown in, you're basically getting it for what was the show price (minus cost of goodies) from last year. With only 355,000 stitches that's essentially a new machine. Since they're throwing in delivery, and set up and that price includes the taxes, I'd say that's an excellent deal.

Rob