View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 10:26 AM
The Quilted Cottage

Good morning! First let me say you all are awesome! I truly appreciate the advice you have given. Thank you!

I have decided not to purchase the used machine from the business owner. I spent the rest of yesterday with an uneasy feeling about it so decided to trust my gut feelings, which have rarely failed me. I have test driven nearly every longarm numerous times but always come back to the Innova. And every time I have put my hands on an Innova's handles I have loved the machine. But this morning I woke up with a clear head and the first thought was I did not love that machine yesterday! Maybe it's just me, but if it's going to live in my home, I gotta love it! lol!

Tothill, yes, that vibration is a real concern. And I'm almost certain there is a way to see the stitch count because I seem to remember being shown that feature at a show. That whole interaction with that question to the seller was weird and evasive. As well as the rental revelation. As for price, she was using the new pricing, plus tax and delivery to determine her selling price. I politely let her know that a new machine had no use other than testing (definitely not rental use!) with full warranty, and that my offer was based on her used machine price and depreciation. She was somewhat flustered after that but did not refuse my offer. Still I have not heard back from her so I assume she really wants her price.

As for the customer using the machine she was trying to sell me, that was already arranged. Still I do agree the ad should have included the rental use info.

So my plan going forward (which was my original plan) is to take the Innova certification class at the sub dealer here in So. California (our dealer is in northern California). That will be in September. Then I will rent one of her machines a few times to really get a feel for how they should perform. As I said earlier, I am not in a rush to buy. Also, I am taking two longarm classes at HIQF - one with Jamie Wallen and one with Bethanne Nemesh (sp?), both using Innova machines. By that time I should be well informed in my buying decision.

Di