View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 06:29 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Decluttering is such a chore! Kuddos to you Rob.

I've been working in the farm office, catching up on bookwork...another never ending job. But I also threw lots of paper away. I have to be careful of what I must keep and what can be tossed, so one has to check each paper and file appropriately. It would be so much easier if I do it right away! Not only are there financials, but cow information. Each animal has an ID paper and milk production papers. And because animals are born and sold off it's a constant rotation. I like to keep genealogical files on sold animals because of past production history. We have a lot of "dead" cows in our 50 year history of farming! Next week I'm going to have the Grands help me with those papers to update those files and to weed out the "families" we have no descendants in the herd. Many hands make light work...or so they say.

And for more fun I've been working in the WIC...why oh why did I keep some of this stuff. I have wool squares from skirts I work in the 60's....yikes...they are going into the burn pile. I have retrieved some gray and black and a few other solids that would work for applique, but the majority of it is going going and gone. Washing off shelves now and putting clean fabric on clean shelves. Local donation store and BOL are going to be big benefactors. I shouldn't have sat down...don't want to get up and get going...zozee where's your energy drink from a few days ago?

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 08-06-2019 at 02:32 AM.