View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 07:09 PM
OurWorkbench

I agree, I think Seb meant to say "Our Special" is not a Singer. I once got a machine with bits from three different machines, fortunately some of them actually belonged to the machine.

The attachments are Singer attachments and probably will fit your Featherweight machine. Is there a number on the green box end in the white oval? The Singer feet will not work on "Our Special."

The leaf tension on top of the arm and the way the presser foot attaches indicate that it is something other than a Singer. It is a badged machine. The leaf tension reminds me of a New Home machine, but some of the other features I can't figure out.

There is a thread here on QB New Home Vintage Sewing Machines Club I didn't look all the way through it to see if I could find a picture of a similar machine.

It may not be of any help, but is there a serial number on the bed in back of the pillar? Sometimes serial numbers are on the slide plate or under the front slide plate. Some serial numbers are of no help, but location and possibly the serial number may be of some help as to who the manufacturer is.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 08-06-2019 at 02:23 AM.