View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 07:21 PM
zozee

And for more fun I've been working in the WIC...why oh why did I keep some of this stuff. I have wool squares from skirts I work in the 60's....yikes...they are going into the burn pile. I have retrieved some gray and black and a few other solids that would work for applique, but the majority of it is going going and gone. Washing off shelves now and putting clean fabric on clean shelves. Local donation store and BOL are going to be big benefactors. I shouldn't have sat down...don't want to get up and get going...zozee where's your energy drink from a few days ago?[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you took at least a sip of it! I have needed it as I've been busting my buns getting ready for family staying with us. BIL and SIL are coming Weds, having a crab feast at our house along with all our kids and grandbabies (first time the BIL and SIL will be meeting the twins), then their two grown daughters and a son-in-law will descend on Friday. Family reunion Saturday.

Oh, and did I mention I decided to paint the guest bathroom two weekends ago while DH was out of town? Well, DH had to fix some of my woopsies (I'm an imperfectionist who likes change) and then he announced Saturday that it needed a new floor. You know how , once you fix up one thing, the thing next to it looks blah? So he installed a new floor in the bathroom yesterday, and we bought tile for the kitchen backsplash because he is finally (after 5 years) ready to tackle that. Funny how having company coming "lights a fire under your butt"! My sewing room is the queen guest room and it hasn't looked this good in a very long time! Ditto the master BR. We're going to let our niece and her hubby have it this weekend since it's their first vacation without kids in ...maybe ...forever? (They have two teens and a 5 year old.)

The thing that prompted this whole reunion was that his brother (the one coming in on Weds with his wife) just found out his melanoma from 7 years ago, has returned and there is now a spot on his lung. He wants to see everyone now and have a great time as they might not be coming to Baltimore again.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 08-06-2019 at 02:31 AM.