Thread: Quilting group
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 01:10 AM
SillySusan

There was a church across town that had a group making quilts. I was the square cutting lady... hundreds, thousands... Millions of squares! Their quilts were donated overseas, also, thru the Synod. They did a bunch for local organizations too. They had a dedicated group of ladies and a few hubbies that worked together for years, once a week, but eventually they dwindled in numbers and it disbanded. All fabric was donated, but the batting had to be bought. They auctioned off a few quilts a year to church members to pay for it.

I tried to start a group at my church when several ladies approached me to teach them to quilt baby quilts for Crisis Pregnancy Centers. I set a date, gathered materials, etc. and only two ladies showed up... one to help me with the teaching and one who wanted to learn to make bibs for babies. We showed her a couple of ways and had fun, but that was the end of our church quilting group!

I wish you better success! It's hard, but well worth the efforts. It helps folks receiving the quilts and it helps the quilters keep active and have a social good time.

Last edited by SillySusan; 08-06-2019 at 01:15 AM.