Thread: Quilting group
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2019, 05:31 AM
Iceblossom

Sometimes groups just come together and sometimes it's like pulling teeth.

I would suggest you figure out some basic tops and what the yardage/cutting requirements are. That way you can hand a ruler and stack of fabric to someone without a lot of skills and tell them to "cut this all down to 6.5" squares or whatever measurement like 2.5" jelly roll strips. Of course it helps to give them a 6.5" ruler. Then kit out the cuts with a print out of the top in question and put them in a large ziplock bag. I just love the dollar store!

The guild I used to belong with had an every month thing. Sometimes we had 3 people, sometimes 20...

The guild bought the rolls of batting, we had donated materials but the big issue was usually the backs. Lots of donated tops, very few with backs.

As the others have said, put a notice in the church bulletin, maybe put up a flyer at a local fabric store as well. Have an introductory meeting or way to contact you to see what if any interest. Then come with a project or two for you to work on, with maybe a bag of fabric to cut, and/or batting and backings. It may just be you, typically in things like this I just bring my own stuff but I have a bunch of backup in the car I can get if I have someone who needs something to do.