Old 08-06-2019, 08:15 AM
Railroadersbrat

Originally Posted by juliasb View Post
First of all welcome to QB from Waterford MI! I have a number of vintage machines around the house -. Your interest is one that many of us share. I don't post to much about the vintage machines I have or what I find. This one looks like a prize and I sure that someone here will help you out in you journey to keep this prize working right and find its history.
Thank you for the welcome - I do love the vintage machines, so much easier to troubleshoot and fix versus the newer ones that are computerized. I would like to eventually get a newer machine with 'some' bells and whistles, but I'll stick with this one when it comes to quilting. It's almost nostalgic working on a quilt like that.

I do have another machine that I eventually will bring out of the closet to work on, I can't remember all of the name, but it's a Dressmaker that I actually need to buy the cams for to change the stitches, you just pull out a cam you want to use, drop it in and it'll do the stitch. That one will need more TLC than this one, the thread spindle in the back broke off at some point and it's molded into the housing and I haven't been able to change the stitch length. My machine guy is going to love me when I bring these machines in, he's always trying to get me to buy a new machine but I just won't give up my older ones.