View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 02:55 AM
Lstew2212

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I got a new plant today, a phalanopsis orchid, I have 2 I rescued from the clearance rack about 6 months ago that didn't die, so now I got a pretty one full price w/ blooms, she is beautiful and I am going to try my hand a water culture.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615699[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615700[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615701[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615702[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615703[/ATTACH]
This Orchid is beautiful, I have a hard time keeping plants alive. I have managed to keep an African violet alive. That is the only plant I have.

My friend and I went to a butterfly house today here are some pics, there are several but these are just a few of the ones I took.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615710[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615711[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615712[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615713[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615714[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615715[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615716[/ATTACH]
You also have revealed another hidden talent, taking photographs. These photos are beautiful.

Originally Posted by juliasb View Post
I am so excited! This early mailing tells me to get the project I am working on done up and ready to put away for a bit so I can work BOOM23! I must make sure I have the floor swept up a vacuumed before I start and again clear my cutting table. Right now I am still working on a scrappy quilt and things pile so high when working with scraps.
I also have to clean up after summer sewing, I think I will tackle the sewing room Saturday.

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
I am in Omaha with my daughters family. We are staying in an inexpensive Airbnb with an old tennis court. We are playing every morning at 7:30 am. We are really enjoying our bonus grandchildren. Took the 11 year olds boy on a bike ride over the Omaha pedestrian bridge and to the main library. To day we’ll spend time with the 8 year old granddaughter. They are delightful.

Kass you would love it here. There are about 50 butterflies hanging outside their front door in the mint plants.

My my son in law is a chef. We’ve had a Korean feast one night, fish tacos with homemade salsa and cabbage stuff last night. If it weren’t for the tennis I’d be gaining a lot of weight. Fortunately the weather hasn’t been blazingly hot.
Sounds like you are having a fantastic time. I am trying to convince my husband to take me to the sewing and quilting expo in Cincinnati in September. It is only a 4 hour drive from my home. If we can' go in September then I will make plans to go next year when the expo comes to Cleveland.

Thanks for all the compliments on the pics of the butterflies and flowers, we did have a great time, it isn't as big and fancy as some of the butterfly houses I've been to but it is local.

Sounds like everyone is keeping busy until the squishies arrive.

There is an older brother in our congregation who always admires the ties I make for Gary so I made one for him today here is a pic

[ATTACH=CONFIG]615770[/ATTACH]
I also admire the ties you make. You think outside the box. I love that skill.