View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 06:44 AM
grann of 6

That looks like a good way to do an auction. I always hated auctions, too much sensory overload, and rude people. My dad went to auctions when I was a little girl, guess that's why I don't like them. But my dad got my mon a cute little 3-drawer sewing cabinet that had slots for thread and bobbins for 10 cents. I still have it and love looking at it.

Nasty weather is supposed to roll in later this afternoon, so I hope to get some sewing done before it is time to shut off machines. I want to get the horizontal sashing and cornerstones on the snthail trail blocks and hopefully get the borders on too. It is a small quilt, the revamped Jenny Doan pattern. Can't say I love it, but it will make a good lap quilt for the cancer center. I have another one started that is using up layer cakes in the stash, and should have no trouble finding backing for it from the stash. The pattern is called Kira, looks complicated but goes together like lightening. I like patterns these days that don't take too much brain power, and can be whipped up fast.