Old 08-07-2019, 10:21 AM
OurWorkbench

Originally Posted by purpleblocks View Post
... I've tried adjusting the upper tension regulator; however it will not tighten up.
Welcome. I'm wondering if that is JA 13 meaning quite possibly a Koyo machine?? Several different names such as Dressmaker or Remington would fall into this group.

Along the lines of Leon's response, I'm wondering if the pin is stuck or missing. If you open the front nose of the machine and look at it from that end, you should see where that pin is and if it actually moves the tension assembly when you raise and lower the presser foot.

There a bunch of different assemblies out there. Some of them are somewhat similar. I know Miriam did a post or thread about 15-clone tensions and some of the differences, but I can't find it right now. It is possible that someone took it apart and back together improperly.

I'm thinking that the assembly should be taken off, and cleaned. There are some places on QB that show how the tension assemblies come apart and the pieces involved. Kenmore 385.12490 Tension Assembly Necchi Supernova and others. Just take pictures as you take it apart and lay them in order that they came off. It doesn't necessarily mean it is right. A clean assembly with all the pieces put in the proper order, may just be what is needed for the tension to work properly

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.

Last edited by OurWorkbench; 08-07-2019 at 10:26 AM.