View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 06:39 PM
retiredteacher09

I have been cleaning off my ironing/cutting tables again! How do those tables collect all the clutter?

After a conversation with my sister about where our irons are compared to our machines, it dawned on me that my new arrangement was convenient because I could just turn my chair around and iron from the sitting position but I wasn’t getting the movement like before. I have two banquet tables together so I switched the ironing board to the opposite side of where I sew and put the cutting area behind my sewing chair. Now I will get a few more steps in hopefully because I tend to press often.

My organization piece was that I finally went through a small box of mainly scissors of different sizes from my DMIL. I have had them for nearly 9 years and today I tested them all and put the ones that didn’t work back in the box, sealed it with tape, and marked it with sewing-scissors, pins, needles, and rotary blades. It will go out with the garbage tomorrow. I will keep a few of the other scissors and donate the rest to a charity group. There was a very good pinking shears in the box so I switched it out with my old one. Will I ever use a pinking shears again? Maybe, maybe not but it will stay,

It feels good to have that simple job done.