View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 02:20 AM
moonrise

Got my fabrics matched up and washed for all the F8s. As soon as I get up this evening (I sleep days), I've got to finish up a few things for Saturday's craft fair, then hopefully I'll have a few minutes of free time to make a block or two.

I normally don't start my craft fairs this early, but with DH's finger vs. table saw injury (and the outrageous ER/surgery/hospital bills that followed), I didn't have much of a choice. I seriously need to learn to sew fingers instead of fabric. It obviously pays a whole lot more!

On the good side, the results of the surgery were actually better than the surgeon's "best case" scenario. The doctor said that the "worst case" scenario would be that DH would lose the end of his finger. "Best case" would be that the finger would be fixable, but that the fingernail would never grow back.

In the end, DH was able to keep his finger, and the fingernail actually started growing back about 3 weeks after surgery. The nail is shaped funny, and like the (very surprised) surgeon said, "It won't win any beauty contests", but any fingernail is better than none at all.

DH really, really got lucky. <3

(P.S. I would post a photo, but it's waaaaayyy too graphic! LOL!)