View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 07:17 AM
Iceblossom

Cousin had errands and couldn't do the walk yesterday, so will be leaving in about an hour to meet up with her today. Finished binding the comfort quilt, still wanted to get another opinion on the last couple of squares of quilting... so that should be done today and mailed tomorrow. Overall I'm pleased with my workmanship and the way it turned out -- plus it was all stash, including the batting.

Since I'm in a holding pattern, I went ahead and changed the thread on the machine and finished sewing on the sashing for my postcard quilt. A little over half is pressed and final trimmed, the rest should be done before I leave for my walk. Next step will be layout, and then once I have it together I'll decide on the border. I think I already admitted to it, I'm buying an additional State fabric for the border. Found an ad on Craig's List but we couldn't get together before her trip, so will pick that up next week. I'm hoping layout will be relatively easy, each column is 10 blocks long so I'm prepping them in sets of 10, trying to space out the Alaska fabrics and the Hawaii ones and the others where I have a lot of with the Copenhagen and assorted oddities. Hopefully I'll just be able to plunk the rows down and do minor moving around. I do have 3 spare blocks to help me get out of a tough spot.

My sewing table is all nice and clean since I've been quilting down and will be ready to work on those paper pieced blocks for the Farm quilt. All my stuff is ready to go, I think I am too!