View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 06:56 AM
Mamagus

Here's a little thank you for all the help I got with my American Girl doll clothes adventure!

My Sweet husband bought be a Maplea Doll (the Canadian version) for Valentine's Day and I've been very busy churning out outfits for her and the dolls that beling to my niece, my daughter's cooperating teacher's nieces, neighbours, and cousins! I LOVE making the outfits and they sell way better than a quilt and take 1/25 of the time!

I started making tights to go with the outfits from ladies and youth knee socks. If you use youth you have to make the legs a bit wider to accommodate the fact that they aren't as long in length.

Here's what I do!

Voila! You're done!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]20302[/ATTACH]

Turn the socks inside out and lay them like this.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]20453[/ATTACH]

Pin (just to mark it) about 4- 4 1/2 inches down from the band. This where you start to sew.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]20454[/ATTACH]

Using an overlock stitch with the straight stitch towards the part that will be your tights. Sew in about an inch and then turn and start to sew towards the bottom pin (That should be about 8 1/2 inches towards the bottom. Make the tights longer if your socks are not very stretchy.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]20455[/ATTACH]

You'll have two parts. Now cut down through the band towards the crotch on each piece. Sew from the top band down to the crotch and on around to the other band.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]20457[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-20302.jpe   attachment-20453.jpe   attachment-20454.jpe   attachment-20455.jpe   attachment-20457.jpe