View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 05:31 AM
Iceblossom

Good luck NZquilter! I gained close to a hundred pounds when I had my son, from 126 to 212. LOL, fat never melts off me! It's taken me 30 years but I'm below 200 now.

I mostly do high protein/low carb, basically the "standard" non-fad diet which is the basis of weight watchers. My problem though is I am now diabetic, or at least my diabetes is currently under control by diet. So I have to be a bit stricter than most and "nothing white" is my mantra. White = bread/pretty much anything baked, pasta, rice, potatoes and sugar.

Weight watchers is also stressing (at least what I see from the outside) slow changes of lifestyles rather than fast weight loss. That's important. This past year my weight has been stable, haven't really lost any but I take any year I don't gain as a positive. For some of us there is no just "getting the weight off", the problem is keeping it off.

I've been content with my changes which were mostly to keep my blood/body from killing me and not so much about the weight loss. Currently though, I've been thinking of taking off about 20 more pounds. But for these I'm motivated more by vanity than health so I don't know what I'm up for.

But I am up for eating better than I was a month ago and I'm doing that. Summer here so lovely vegetables at the farmer's market. Hubby is Keto and has lost almost 200 pounds in about 20 months... he is less than 5 pounds from his goal which is 185 and what he weighed in High School (I am now 190 and was 140). But he is switching from weight loss to maintenance and so leaner proteins which fit well with my salads.